The recent update to the OHMS Application (2.1.19) includes several minor, but significant, updates. This is an update to the OHMS Application and does involve additions to the OHMS XML file. It is always recommended that you stay up to date with your version of the OHMS Viewer in order to optimize compatibility.
- CSV Export: This functionality has been added with the purpose of transporting metadata from OHMS to a CMS. Although “Transcript” and “Index” data is included in the CSV export, the CSV export contains no OHMS functionality. It has been primarily added to include a convenient way of transporting metadata from OHMS to a CMS such as Omeka or CONTENTdm. The OHMS XML is still required for the OHMS Viewer to function. “Transcript” and “Index” data are included for easy inclusion into the global search of a CMS and is not necessarily intended for public viewing. This CSV export differs from the initial metadata import, which requires the provided OHMS CSV import template. The exported CSV is not designed to be reimported, this remains a function of the OHMS XML
- Metadata Field Addition: “OHMS XML Filename.” The input in this field determines the filename of the exported xml file. this will better enable consistency with determining the hyperlink necessary for interfacing with the OHMS Viewer.
- Repository Management: Default Viewer Location: A Repository Administrator can set a “default” location for the OHMS Viewer. This will combine with the “OHMS XML Filename” in the metadata and create new field “XML Location” which is added to the OHMS XML export. This will allow the automatic harvesting of the hyperlink to the XML file within the OHMS Viewer. There is still a minor issue with this function that is currently being addressed. I do not recommend that you use this function until the next update.
- Metadata Field Addition: “Use Restriction.” This field does not impact the OHMS Viewer but has been added as a field. Use of this field can serve to potentially flag restricted content prior to putting an OHMS XML file/interview online. This field is both importable and exportable in the OHMS XML and CSV files and does not impact the OHMS Viewer.
- Metadata Field Addition: “Keywords.” This field functions much like the “Subjects” field to transport interview level metadata. This field is both importable and exportable in the OHMS XML and CSV files and does not impact the OHMS Viewer.
- Metadata Field Fix: “Date.” Adjusted OHMS handling of various date formats within the initial CSV import
- New CSV Import Template: Because of additional metadata fields, a new CSV import template has been released.
- Index Module Field Order: Made a slight change to the field order in the Indexing Module (switched “Title” and “Partial Transcript” and switched “Keywords” and “Subjects.”
- OHMS XML Version no. 4